- Support people with disabilities to achieve their goals
- Work close to home – based in Sunshine
At Mambourin, we connect people living with disability to every opportunity and support them to get what they want out of life. Mambourin is a growing organisation with over 200 staff that work across a range of hubs in Melbourne’s West. Our teams provide individualised support to more than 400 people living with a disability.
About the role
As a Leading Hand Mentor you will work alongside our team of passionate Mambourin Business Solutions (MBS) staff to support people with a disability live the life they want through mentoring and training support in our Horticulture team.
- Support a participant’s unique pathway to employment
- Supervise horticulture teams in general horticulture activities
- Mentor garden team members/ horticulture trainees to help them achieve their desired goals
Required skills and experience:
- Experience in creating learning programs
- Experience in supporting people with disabilities achieve their goals
- Current Victorian driver licence
- An understanding of intellectual disabilities and complex behaviours
- Relevant horticulture experience or qualifications
This position is part of the Working for Victoria fund and Mambourin has received a grant for this role. As a condition of the grant any successful applicant will need to complete the Working for Victoria personal information statement as part of their condition of employment.
You will also need to complete an NDIS Worker Screening and return results that are satisfactory to Mambourin.
Benefits of working for Mambourin
- Enjoy the benefit of a salary sacrifice arrangement made available through our not-for-profit status.
- We value professional development for our people and invest in a multitude of training courses for staff – we also offer great career progression opportunities with our stepUp program.
- Most importantly, we have a fun, collaborative culture and are passionate about our staff and customers – who we know are the lifeblood of our organisation.
How to apply
If you feel that you would make a significant contribution to this role, please apply through the Sidekicker platform:
- Visit sidekicker.com/au/work
- Click ”Apply Now”
- Login / Create a Sidekicker login
- Search for Mambourin Enterprises – Horticulture Leading Hand Mentor and upload your CV and cover letter addressing the required skills and experience.
Please note applications will be assessed as they arrive, so we encourage you to submit yours as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.