- Open up opportunities for adults with disability
- Competitive remuneration with salary packaging benefits
- Work close to home in a fun and supportive environment
At Mambourin, we work to connect people to every opportunity and support them to get what they want out of life. We create opportunities for our staff teams too, who get to work within a great culture that rewards them on a daily basis.
We are a growing organisation with over 200 staff that work across a range of hubs in Melbourne’s west. Our teams provide individualised support to more than 400 people living with a disability.
We have a huge range of service choices that cover life skills development, social and community participation, employment pathways and general disability support – all of which help people to kick goals and live their best life.
About the role
Mambourin has an exciting opportunity for an energetic and self-starting individual to assist with reception and administration duties at our Werribee hub. You will be very much part of a passionate team of facilitators who strive for the best possible service for our customers every day.
Reporting to the Hub Manager, Werribee, key accountabilities include:
- Professionally receive and greet customers, parents and/or caregivers and visitors, ensuring optimum courtesy and customer service
- Answer all incoming phone calls in an efficient, professional and friendly manner, assisting, diverting, or taking messages as required
- Use of Microsoft office suite, including using standard templates per brand style guide to create documents to distribute to our staff team and wider community
- Open, sort and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail, including organising couriers as required
- Create and administer rostering transactions and updates for the organisation using Mambourin’s internal system MERP
- Ensure participant information is updated and accurate at all times in MERP
- Process petty cash transactions
- Ensure front office and reception is clean and tidy at all times
Demonstrated skills and experience
- Experience in reception/administrative support or an understanding with a keen willingness to learn
- Excellent data entry skills with moderate to advanced levels of computer literacy including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) and MERP
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal direction and supervision
- Demonstrated high attention to detail
- Ability to work calmly under time pressure, meeting deadlines
- Well-presented and great communication skills both verbal and written
- A genuine love of people and a passion for helping and supporting.
Benefits of working for Mambourin
- Work flexibly and have your health and wellbeing supported with Mambourin’s openLife program
- Enjoy the benefit of a salary sacrifice arrangement made available through our not for profit status
- We value professional development for our people and invest in a multitude of training courses for staff – we also offer great career progression opportunities with our stepUp program
- Most importantly, we have a fun, collaborative culture and are passionate about our staff and customers – who we know are the lifeblood of our organisation
This role is a permanent part-time position, commencing as soon as possible. The days of work will be Thursday and Friday 8:30am to 4:06pm. Please note applications will be assessed as they arrive, and therefore we encourage you to submit your interest as soon as possible.
You will also need to complete a current police check and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check and return a result that is satisfactory to Mambourin.
If you feel that you would make a significant contribution to this role, please use the form below to send a resume and cover letter addressing the above criteria and also indicating the days and hours that you are available to work or email to: Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference ASR1219.