- Help to open opportunities for people living with a disability
- Rewarding work culture
- Work close to home in the Western suburbs
At Mambourin, we work to connect people to every opportunity and support them to get what they want out of life. We create opportunities for our staff teams too, who get to work within a great culture that rewards them on a daily basis.
We are a growing organisation with over 200 staff that work across a range of hubs in Melbourne’s west. Our teams provide individualised support to more than 400 people living with a disability.
We have a huge range of service choices that cover life skills development, social and community participation, employment pathways and general disability support – all of which help people to kick goals and live their best life.
About the opportunity
We are looking for expressions of interest for casual facilitators to work in our hubs on weekdays, or for people interested in working in our flexi-choices team on weekends.
Reporting to the hub manager, you will work with our team of passionate facilitators to help empower people with a disability to live the life they want.
Core duties include:
- Choices activities and direct support activities in our hubs
- Transport people with a disability to and from external program activities as required
- Administrative, indirect support activities and record keeping including reviews and reports
- Supervise and support volunteers and students
Flexi Choices facilitators
- Support customers with a social and recreational activity
- Transport people with a disability to and from activity
- Provide personal care as required
- Provide a pleasant stimulating and positive environment for customers
- Liaise in a professional manner with all stakeholders
- Administrative tasks such as incident reports
Skills and experience
- Excellent at customer service
- Passionate about making a difference in the lives of people with a disability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great IT skills
- Certificate IV in Disability advantageous
- Experience with working with complex people and behaviours desirable
- Full driver’s licence
Benefits of working for Mambourin
- Work flexibly and have your health & wellbeing supported with Mambourin’s openLife program
- Enjoy the benefit of a salary sacrifice arrangement made available through our not for profit status
- We value professional development for our people and invest in a multitude of training courses for staff – we also offer great career progression opportunities with our stepUp program
- Most importantly, we have a fun, collaborative culture and are passionate about our staff and customers – who we know are the lifeblood of our organisation
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our Mambourin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.