- Open up opportunities for adults with disability
- Competitive remuneration with salary packaging benefits
- Work close to home in a fun and supportive environment
At Mambourin, we work to connect people to every opportunity and support them to get what they want out of life. We create opportunities for our staff teams too, who get to work within a great culture that rewards them on a daily basis.
We are a growing organisation with over 200 staff that work across a range of hubs in Melbourne’s west. Our teams provide individualised support to more than 400 people living with a disability.
We have a huge range of service choices that cover life skills development, social and community participation, employment pathways and general disability support – all of which help people to kick goals and live their best life.
About the role
Mambourin has exciting opportunity for a passionate, energetic and self-starting disability facilitator to join our team based in our Werribee Community Hub.
Key accountabilities include:
- Direct support activities in our community hubs and out in the community
- Transport people with a disability to and from community choices activities as required
- Administrative, indirect support activities and record keeping including reviews and reports
Demonstrated skills & experience
- Experience working with people with complex behaviours essential
- Experience working with people with disability essential
- Full driver licence
- Certificate IV in Disability essential
- Excellent at customer service
- Passionate about making a difference in the lives of people with a disability
- Experience working with customers in a day service or in the community highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great IT skills
Benefits of working for Mambourin
- Work flexibly and have your health and wellbeing supported with Mambourin’s openLife program
- Enjoy the benefit of a salary sacrifice arrangement made available through our not for profit status
- We value professional development for our people and invest in a multitude of training courses for staff – we also offer great career progression opportunities with our stepUp program
- Most importantly, we have a fun, collaborative culture and are passionate about our staff and customers – who we know are the lifeblood of our organisation
This role is a six-month full time maternity leave cover role commencing ASAP with a possible view to extend. Please note applications will be assessed as they arrive, and therefore we encourage you to submit your interest as soon as possible.
You will also need to complete a current police check and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check and return a result that is satisfactory to Mambourin.
If you feel that you would make a significant contribution to this role, please send a resume and cover letter addressing the above criteria and also indicating the days and hours that you are available to work to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference DFW0819.