- 1 on 1 support for adults with disability
- Multiple part time roles available up to 30 hours per week
- Work close to home in a fun and supportive environment
At Mambourin, we work to connect people to every opportunity and support them to get what they want out of life. We create opportunities for our staff teams too, who get to work within a great culture that rewards them on a daily basis.
We are a growing organisation with over 200 staff that work across a range of hubs in Melbourne’s west. Our teams provide individualised support to more than 400 people living with a disability.
We have a huge range of service choices that cover life skills development, social and community participation, employment pathways and general disability support – all of which help people to kick goals and live their best life.
About the role
Mambourin has exciting opportunities for passionate, energetic and self-starting disability facilitators to join our teams based in our community hubs around the Western suburbs.
We have six part time maximum term roles on offer. Positions will commence with a six-month contract with an opportunity to gain more permanent work. These roles will work primarily as one-on-one direct support with our customers, supporting them to work towards their goals in our hubs and in the community. You may also be required to work within group programs.
Key accountabilities include:
- Direct support activities in our community hubs and out in the community
- Transporting people with a disability to and from community choices activities as required
- Administrative, indirect support activities and record keeping including reviews and reports
Demonstrated skills & experience
- Experience working with people with complex behaviours essential
- Experience working with people with disability essential
- Full driver’s licence
- Certificate IV in Disability essential
- Excellent at customer service
- Passionate about making a difference in the lives of people with a disability
- Experience working with customers (one-on-one) in a day service or in the community highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great IT skills
Benefits of working for Mambourin
- Work flexibly and have your health and wellbeing supported with Mambourin’s openLife program
- Enjoy the benefit of a salary sacrifice arrangement made available through our not for profit status
- We value professional development for our people and invest in a multitude of training courses for staff – we also offer great career progression opportunities with our stepUp program
- Most importantly, we have a fun, collaborative culture and are passionate about our staff and customers – who we know are the lifeblood of our organisation
These roles are part-time maximum term roles commencing ASAP with a real opportunity to expand hours as required. Roles offered vary from 12 hours per week to 30 hours per week. You will be expected to travel to various Mambourin hubs to work as required. For a full list of our locations please go to our contact us page. Please note applications will be assessed as they arrive, and therefore we encourage you to submit your interest as soon as possible.
You will also need to complete a current police check and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check and return a result that is satisfactory to Mambourin.
If you feel that you would make a significant contribution to these roles, please send a resume and cover letter addressing the above criteria and also indicating the days and hours that you are available to work using the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference DF231019.