- Work close to home based in the Western suburbs
- Support young people with a disability to gain a qualification
- 2 – 3 days casual arrangement with a possibility to work additional days
At Mambourin, we work to connect people to every opportunity and support them to get what they want out of life. We create opportunities for our staff teams too, who get to work within a great culture that rewards them on a daily basis.
We are a growing organisation with over 200 staff that work across a range of hubs in Melbourne’s west. Our teams provide individualised support to more than 400 people living with a disability.
We have a huge range of service choices that cover life skills development, social and community participation, employment pathways and general disability support – all of which help people to kick goals and live their best life.
About the role
We offer on the job traineeships in Warehousing and Horticulture to high school aged students with a disability. This role will assist the Horticulture Supervisor in the management and supervision of the team of trainees undertaking their Certificate II in Horticulture.
Key accountabilities include:
- Based out of our Werribee hub be responsible for transporting our trainees in a small bus to gardening job locations
- Assist with supervision duties of the trainees including providing guidance and mentoring
- Act as a labourer in the traineeship horticulture team, working alongside trainees and supervisor
Demonstrated skills & experience
- Full driver licence
- A great attitude with a willingness to learn and take on new tasks
- Experience in horticulture/gardening/landscaping work or a demonstrated interest in this work
- An interest in making a difference in the lives of people with a disability
- Experience supervising people advantageous
Benefits of working for Mambourin
- Work flexibly and have your health and wellbeing supported with Mambourin’s openLife program
- Enjoy the benefit of a salary sacrifice arrangement made available through our not for profit status
- We value professional development for our people and invest in a multitude of training courses for staff – we also offer great career progression opportunities with our stepUp program
- Most importantly, we have a fun, collaborative culture and are passionate about our staff and customers – who we know are the lifeblood of our organisation
This role is a 2–3 days casual arrangement with the possibility to work additional days. Please note applications will be assessed as they arrive, and therefore we encourage you to submit your interest as soon as possible.
You will also need to complete a current police check and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check and return a result that is satisfactory to Mambourin.
If you feel that you would make a significant contribution to these roles, please submit a resume and cover letter addressing the above criteria and also indicating the days and hours that you are available to work using the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference HPA0919.