About the role
Mambourin has a number of exciting opportunities for passionate, energetic and self-starting social and community services superstars to join our team as Recreational Support Workers.
We have three roles available on 6 month maximum term contracts, with possibility to extend, to provide one on one support to some of our customers with disabilities as follows:
Job Role 1 Mondays 6:30 – 8:30pm, Tuesdays 3pm – 6pm, Wednesdays 3pm – 6pm and Thursdays 3pm – 6pm (11 hours per week)
Job Role 2 Mondays 6:15pm – 9:15pm, Wednesdays 3pm – 6pm, and Thursdays 4pm – 6pm (8 hours per week)
Job Role 3 Thursdays 3pm – 6:15pm, Saturdays 6 hours (usually day time, possible some evenings)
*All of the above roles have the opportunity for additional casual shifts on weeknights and weekends
Key accountabilities include:
- One-on-one support activities with our customers, within a social and recreational activity as planned by our Flexi Choices Coordinator
- Carry out support in line with NDIS guidelines and organisational policies and procedures
- Provide personal care as required
- Provide a pleasant, stimulating and positive environment for the customer
- Transport customers to and from their planned activity
- Complete administrative tasks such as support tracker and incident reports
Demonstrated skills & experience
- Full driver’s licence
- Excellent customer service
- Be extremely flexible and adaptable
- Passionate about making a difference in the lives of people with a disability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great IT skills
- Certificate IV in Disability advantageous
- Experience working with complex people and behaviours desirable
Benefits of working for Mambourin
- Work flexibly and have your health & wellbeing supported with Mambourin’s openLife program
- Enjoy the benefit of a salary sacrifice arrangement made available through our not for profit status
- We value professional development for our people and invest in a multitude of training courses for staff – we also offer great career progression opportunities with our stepUp program
- Most importantly, we have a fun, collaborative culture and are passionate about our staff and customers – who we know are the lifeblood of our organisation
You will need to complete a current police check and return a result that is satisfactory to Mambourin.
These roles will be remunerated per the SCHADS award, employee level 2 pay point 1, $22.03 per hour.
If you feel that you would make a significant contribution to this role, please send a CV and cover letter advising which job role you are interested in (1, 2 or 3) and addressing the above “demonstrated skills & experience” section, reference RSW0419.