About the role
This is a brand new role in our new School Leaver Employment Support (SLES) program.
This program is an early intervention approach for Year 12 school leavers, designed to support their transition from school to employment. Each participant’s SLES will be different, however the following can assist participants to build employment readiness: skills in money handling, time management, communication, travel, and learning how to take instruction at work.
You will help design and deliver our SLES program to help our participants – young people with a disability – to prepare, look for, and gain employment. You will help to provide meaningful, individualised capacity building activities so that our participants can achieve their employment goals.
You will identify learning gaps in our participants, and use your initiative, and creative thinking to implement strategies to overcome these.
- Provide evidence-based, and best practice knowledge, to support a participant’s unique pathway to employment, this may involve creating course content, creating lesson plans, and finding suitable training short courses for participants to complete (e.g. online).
- Assist in networking to build employer and professional networks to engage and connect with employers to facilitate work experience in open employment.
Must have skills & experience
- Experience working with youth/young adults
- Experience in designing and implementing learning programs or experience in helping young people achieve their goals
- Current Victorian drivers licence
- An understanding of intellectual disabilities, complex people and behaviours
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Great IT skills
Desired skills & experience
- Certificate IV in Disability
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Current forklift licence
- Experience working with young adults with intellectual disabilities
Benefits of working for Mambourin
- Work flexibly and have your health & wellbeing supported with Mambourin’s openLife program
- Enjoy the benefit of a salary sacrifice arrangement made available through our not for profit status
- We value professional development for our people and invest in a multitude of training courses for staff – we also offer great career progression opportunities with our stepUp program
- Most importantly, we have a fun, collaborative culture and are passionate about our staff and customers – who we know are the lifeblood of our organisation
This is a part time role, 18 hours per week on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays 6 hours per day.
You will need to complete a current police check and working with children check and return a result that is satisfactory to Mambourin.
If you feel that you would make a significant contribution to this role, please send a CV and cover letter addressing the above “skills & experience” sections, and include reference SLES19.