- Opportunity to lead and make a real difference
- Full-time permanent role with competitive remuneration
- Work close to home – based in Braybrook
At Mambourin, we work to connect people to every opportunity and support them to get what they want out of life. We create opportunities for our staff teams too, who get to work within a great culture that rewards them on a daily basis.
We are a growing organisation with over 200 staff that work across a range of hubs in Melbourne’s west. Our teams provide individualised support to more than 400 people living with a disability.
We have a huge range of service choices that cover life skills development, social and community participation, employment pathways and general disability support – all of which help people to kick goals and live their best life.
About the role
Mambourin has an exciting opportunity for a passionate and motivated team leader to work alongside the team to drive a positive culture and contribute to the great service we provide for our customers based at our Braybrook office.
Reporting to the hub manager, Braybrook, key accountabilities include:
- Assisting the hub manager to lead the Braybrook team e.g. assigning daily duties, performance management, training and mentoring
- Assisting the hub manager with administrative tasks e.g. rostering, case noting
- Supporting the team with skill building in our IT environments e.g. MERP and SharePoint
- Designing and implementing group and individual choices
- Establishing and maintaining great communication with customers, parents and/or caregivers
- Attending professional development activities and apply these learnings to developing choices to enhance customer experience.
Demonstrated skills & experience
- Leadership ability (not necessarily in a leadership position!) You need to be someone that can lead by example, be a professional support to other team members and who can align their personal values and attributes with the strategic plan for our organisation
- Willingness to be flexible and take on additional responsibilities when required
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Great IT skills (intermediate to advanced)
- Ability to use initiative and work independently
- Understanding of relevant standards, legislation and regulations and ability to implement procedures.
Benefits of working for Mambourin
- Work flexibly and have your health and wellbeing supported with Mambourin’s OpenLife program
- Enjoy the benefit of a salary sacrifice arrangement made available through our not for profit status
- We value professional development for our people and invest in a multitude of training courses for staff – we also offer great career progression opportunities with our StepUp program
- Most importantly, we have a fun, collaborative culture and are passionate about our staff and customers – who we know are the lifeblood of our organisation
This is a full-time permanent opportunity.
You will also need to complete a current police check and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check and return a result that is satisfactory to Mambourin.
If you feel that you would make a significant contribution to this role, please send a cover letter and CV addressing the above criteria, including position reference: TLB1019 to firstname.lastname@example.org