On 18 February, the government announced its priority plan for the COVID-19 vaccine in Australia. The COVID-19 Vaccination Program will begin rolling out Phase 1a from 22 February. Many Mambourin community members will be eligible for a vaccine during Phase 1a or Phase 1b.
Initial doses of vaccines will go to:
- aged care and disability care residents and workers
- frontline healthcare workers
- quarantine and border workers.
- Elderly adults aged 80 years and over
- Elderly adults aged 70-79 years
- Other health care workers
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people > 55
- Adults with an underlying medical condition, including those with a disability
- Critical and high-risk workers including defence, police, fire, emergency services and meat processing
You can find more information about the national rollout and your eligibility here: When will I get a COVID-19 vaccine?
The vaccination is voluntary and free for all Australians.
Where can I find more information about the vaccine?
We understand that you may have many questions about the vaccine. We have created this list of Department of Health webpages to help you find up-to-date resources for people living with disability and staff who support them.
This webpage has information about COVID-19 vaccines specifically for people with disability. It includes topics such as why, when and where you should get the vaccine and answers many FAQs.
This webpage hosts a collection of resources for health professionals containing advice and guidance on delivering COVID-19 vaccinations. It includes factsheets on giving consent and preparing for the vaccination.
This webpage has news and information for Australians about the development, approval process and plans for COVID-19 vaccines. In includes the latest news and updates about the vaccine and the rollout.
Disability Gateway Helpline: 1800 643 787
If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can also call the National Relay Service on 133 677.
The National Coronavirus Helpline: 1800 020 080
If you have any other questions or concerns, please reach out to your local hub manager or email us at email@example.com and we will do our best to assist you to find further information.