School based apprenticeships and traineeships (SBATs) are a fully supported pathway to employment or further study. The best part? You get paid as you go!
Working with Mambourin, you will get all the support you need to complete your traineeship.
- Certificate II Supply Chain Operations
- Certificate III Supply Chain Operations
- Certificate II Horticulture (according to demand – contact us to express your interest)
You can download our current course information sheets below.
Do I get paid as a trainee?
Yes! When you begin your traineeship you become an employee with Mambourin. This means you get paid for the work you do.
Are there exams?
Your traineeship is made up of practical learning and competency assessments. You will have some course work but our experienced trainers can support you to get it done.
How many days do I attend my traineeship?
You’ll attend your traineeship two days per week:
- Practical work: one day a week employed with us in a supportive team.
- Coursework: two days a week with experienced trainers from the Registered Training Organisation (RTO) (3821).
How do I start my traineeship with Mambourin?
Begin your traineeship in four simple steps:
- Complete an application form
- Meet with our team
- Accept our offer of employment
- Commence your traineeship!
Can I tour the site to see what my traineeship might be like?
Yes! We offer site tours for prospective SBATs and their parents/carers. Contact us to schedule your visit.
What is the cost of an SBAT traineeship through Mambourin?
Mambourin will meet the course fees for all eligible trainees. This means that you can undergo training at no cost provided you meet the criteria for wage support.
To be eligible for this support, you must:
- be over 16 and still enrolled in a school who will agree to sign a training plan
- have a diagnosed intellectual disability or be experiencing learning difficulties
- pass basic LLN assessment
- be able to provide proof of citizenship and identification (Medicare, birth certificate,
concession card etc.)
- be eligible for Skills Victoria subsidy
Still have more questions? Check out our blog post on How to get a School-Based Traineeship.
Talk to us
At Mambourin, we have nearly fifty years of experience supporting people with disabilities. We know how to equip you with the skills you need, whether you are wanting to learn new skills, find a job, or keep learning!
We want to offer you choices that suit you, your lifestyle and your goals. Contact Mambourin today to have a chat with one of our friendly team members to help you decide what’s best for you or to schedule a tour.
Get in touch